CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Please visit our website to submit an abstract by June 1, 2010!
This congress is jointly held by the Pan American Society of Pigment Cell Research and the University of British Columbia (UBC), Department of Dermatology & Skin Science. This year’s congress will attract dermatologists, pathologists, basic science researchers from both academic and industrial backgrounds, residents, students interested in current problems of pigment cell research.
Vancouver, British Columbia is one of the world’s top travel destinations and is frequently listed as one of Canada’s most beautiful cities! In February we will be welcoming the world as we host the 2010 Winter Olympics Games! September is a beautiful month to visit us as the weather is still warm to enjoy strolling around Stanley Park, visiting the shops on Robson Street, and trying out our many activities such as hiking, biking, sea kayaking, boating, and golfing.
Topics covered at the meeting:
* Melanoma: bench to bedside
* Pigment synthesis and therapies
* Melanocyte physiology and oxidative stress
* Graying, photoaging, photobiology and phototherapy
* Vitiglio: genes, genomics and therapeutic advances
* Melanocyte development: genes, animal models and pathways
* Ahmed Allisa, Staff, Dermatology, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
* Rox Anderson, MD, Professor of Dermatology,Harvard Medical School; Director, Wellman Center for Photomedicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
* Esteban C. Dell’Angelica, PhD, Associate Professor, UCLA Department of Human Genetics, Gonda Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
* Patrik Ernfors, PhD, Professor, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
* Colin Goding, Department of Oncology, Oxford University, UK
* Doug Grossman, MD, Professor, Departments of Oncological Sciences and Dermatology, University of Utah, School of Medicine, USA
* Ilt Hamzavi, MD, Staff Dermatologist, Henry Ford Health Systems, USA
* Harvey Lui, MD, FRCPC, Professor and Head, Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, University of British Columbia, Canada
* Frank Meyskens, MD, Professor, Medicine and Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine,University of California Irvine; Director, UCI Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine; Associate Vice Chancellor of Health Sciences, College of Health Sciences, USA
* Emi K. Nishimura, MD, PhD, Professor, Department of Stem Cell Biology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
* Karen Schallerreuter, MD, PhD, Professor, University of Bradford, Bradford, United Kingdom
* Vernon Sondak, Professor, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Centre & Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
* Richard Spritz, MD, Program Director and Professor, Department of Human Genetics, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, USA
* Victor Tron, Professor and Chairman, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Queen’s Univsersity, Kingston, ON, Canada
* Youwen Zhou, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Chieng Genomics Centre and Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, University of British Columbia; Skin Oncology Program, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Abstracts will be accepted through June 1, 2010
To submit an abstract, please Click Here
MARK YOUR CALENDAR!